Women Development Corporation,Bihar
Women Development Corporation, Bihar was incorporated on November 28, 1991 under Society Registration Act 1860. It's registered office is located in Patna while it's area of operation extends to all 38 districts of Bihar.
A large part of the activities of the corporation are conducted through selected Non-Governmental Organisations and other training institutions. Funds are obtained from Government of Bihar and Government of India through budgetary allocations for specific projects and covered by sanctions through Government Orders.
The business of the Corporation is conducted through a Board of Directors appointed by the Government of Bihar. The Board of Directors consists of following Nine ex-officio members:
- Principal Secretary to Government, Social Welfare Department.
- Director of Social Welfare.
- Secretary Finance or his representatives not below the rank of Joint Secretary.
- Director Industries, Bihar or his representative not below the rank of Addl. Director.
- A lady member of the IAS, not below the super time scale (Principal Secretary, Tourism Department).
- Three representatives of the members / member societies / member cooperation to be elected by in accordance with the Election rules framed by the corporation.
- The Managing Director of the Corporation
Vision: Improvement in the Quality of lives of poor and disadvantaged women and adolescents in the state of Bihar.
- To build capacity of poor and disadvantaged women to create their own institutions in order that they are enabled to break down social, economic, cultural and psychological barriers and thereby facilitate their full development into empowered citizens.
- To reach out to all the poor families in 38 districts of Bihar with focus on SC/ST, Physically handicapped and destitute women for social, economical and political empowerment.
- To create or reorient democratic economic and social processes and institutions to enable poor women to participate fully and actively in decision making in the family and community and at local district, state and national level.
- To advocate changes in government policies and programmes in favor of disadvantaged women.
- To empower and sensitize the community for creating an enabling environment in order to bridge the gap of gender inequality and ensure the human rights.
- Capacity Building through training programmes.
- Promote Literacy among women.
- Undertake research and documentation activities.
- Organized and nurture Self Help Groups.
- Promote federations which can do financial intermediation and meet the capital needs of SHGs for undertaking livelihood activities.
- Promote entrepreneurship among women.
- Provide margin money support to women.
- Undertake marketing and production related activities.
- To empower and build women's institutions like SHGs/VO/BLO which ensures that the process of empowerment is self sustaining.
- To provide support mechanisms for bringing women into the mainstream.
Address - 2nd Floor, Indira Bhawan, R.C. Singh Path, Bailey Road, Patna-800001.
Phone - (0612)-2234096, 2200695, 2207843.
Website - www.wdcbihar.org.in